LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 5

From:
Jianxiong Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:52:30 -0500
Rachida,

In the past, people used TwinBridge and NJ Star, but nowadays these
are not needed any more.  Both Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X can
handle multi-languages, including Chinese.  You just need to set it
up through control panel or system preferences.  With that, you can
just use Microsoft Word to do Chinese word processing.    Google also
provides a free Chinese Pinyin Input method, which I like a lot.  You
can download it at http://tools.google.com/pinyin/

*****
Jian Wu, Ph.D.
Associate Director