LLTI Archives

August 2007, Week 2

From:
Robert Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:05:56 -0400
Dear Friends,
I am the new language lab coordinator at the University at Albany.
As with all instutions we have a space problem.  With classrooms at a
premium, I have been assigned a small and oddly spaced room (less
than 500 square feet in an L shape).  Additionally, we have classes
that sometimes have 30 students or more.  My understanding is that
for safety reasons, this room cannot accommodate more than 15 people.

My solution to this is a mobile lab--a laptop cart that can go to the
instructors' classrooms.  So I would appreciate your thoughts on my
dilemma (alternate solutions, caveats in wireless labs, etc).

I am particularly interested in the input of those that have
experience with a wireless language lab.

Thanks,

Robert Summers
Coordinator of Language Technologies and Infrastructure
University at Albany
HU 238
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222