LLTI Archives

February 2015, Week 3

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2015 18:04:05 +0000

From: Marc Siskin <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Subject: NEALLT 2015 Call For Proposals

Date: February 21, 2015 at 9:40:06 AM CST

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

The Northeast Association for Language Learning Technology (NEALLT) will hold its annual conference at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA from Friday, April 24 to Sunday, April 26, 2015. The conference will be hosted by the CMU Modern Language Resource Center.

This year’s theme will be “BYOD and mobile learning in the Language Center” We welcome proposals for presentations and panel discussions on topics including:

- Flipped Classrooms

- Social Networks

- Student Agency - tasks for student expression

- Scaffolding Student Learning

- Emerging technologies

- Resource Center management and design

- Mobile technology

- Online courses

- MOOCS

- Open Educational Resources

Presentations and panel discussions will be about 30 min. If you have an interesting topic for a 3-hour pre-conference workshop please let us know. We welcome a variety of perspectives and encourage presentations which report on ongoing or in-progress projects or research.

Proposals will be considered on a rolling basis and we encourage early submissions. Proposals should be submitted online at:

http://tinyurl.com/NEALLT-2015-Proposal

For more information, please contact Marc Siskin ( [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 412.401-5623 ).

Proposal deadline: no later than March 15th

Notification of acceptance: no later than March 23rd

Registration: Conference registration and lodging will be posted soon on the NEALLT web site at http://www.neallt.org<http://www.neallt.org/>.

Marc Siskin

President

NEALLT

Carnegie Mellon University

Marc Siskin

Manager, Modern Language Resource Center

Carnegie Mellon University