LLTI Archives

June 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:21:24 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:17:41 -0400
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #862 Rosetta Stone question

I think I would begin by asking why the person wants to use that
particular program. Has he or she tried it? Is it to be used before
coming to this country, or while here?

It comes with two disks, one of which loads the basic program onto a
Windows computer (and will play any Rosetta Stone disk, or can be loaded
onto several computers). The other disk has the language-specific
material on it, and I believe you have to have that CD in the disk drive
to be able to use the program.

How useful it would be would depend on how conscientiously it is used.
It might give someone coming to this country, or someone who is here but
very shy, a head start.

Judy Shoaf