LLTI Archives

February 2014, Week 4

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:13:52 +0000

From: Dania Shapira <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: #10172 Right-to-left on Macs
Date: February 25, 2014 7:15:30 AM CST
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Shalom Judy,

The student is right! Word is scrambling the order of the words in the sentence; it even moves words from one line to another. The only situation where it does work is when one purchased the MAC in Israel, and the computer was initially built according to the Hebrew system. I don't have such a system. Therefore, I have been using Mellel for Hebrew, and then export (not save) that into .rtf format, which should eventually open o.k. in Word (of the PC). Another solution (if you don't need to make comments/changes/corrections) is to click (on the MAC) 'print', and then she/he'll have an option to save it as a PDF format, and e-mail to you as an attachment, or print it out) which can be done with Mellel, of course), and hand that to you.

I hope this is of help to you.

Best,

Dr. Dania Shapira