LLTI Archives

June 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:20:01 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Andrzej Styrcz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Tue, 18 Jun 2002 05:15:12 -0400
>From: Andrzej Styrcz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      (ADVTSG) DIVACE OY Signs a Licencing Agreement with BBC Worldwide
>To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
BBC English Zone powered by Divace Media Assistant

Divace Oy, a leading developer of language technology for classroom and
virtual learning, today announced the signing of a licencing agreement with
BBC Worldwide to integrate Divace Media Assistant with the BBC$E2s English
Zone video programmes in a three CD-ROM series for post beginner,
intermediate and advanced levels.

The programmes feature a set of BBC video footage in English on a variety
of topics: on holiday, at work, in the modern world or in everyday
situations. The videos are edited for use with Divace Media Assistant and
are supported by a number of learning activities developed by Divace Oy$E2s
Finnish partner Lingonet Oy. The activities include Lexitaire, Synonym
Sweeper, Story Constructor, Who Said It, How Did They Say It and Story
Builder, and provide the oportunity to enhance learning by viewing and
listening to natural spoken English.

$E4BBC is the world$E2s largest public broadcast provider and delivers the best
quality content. The English Zone video material introduces English
language through a range of contemporary topics.$E4 said Raimo Körkkö, Senior
Vice-President, Divace Oy. $E3Our Divace Media Assistant is an outstanding,
multisensorial tool to play those subtitled videos and record learners$E2
voice output. Reinforced with a wealth of learning activities, the
programmes are ideal for supplementing language learning with exciting
video content$E4.

Martin Mulloy, Director of English Language Teaching, BBC Worldwide,
commented: $E4BBC Worldwide currently offers over 80 hours of English
language learning material for TV broadcast. The English Zone programmes
have helped adults all over the world to learn English and we are delighted
that Divace Oy will be developing the programmes for a new course on CD-
ROM.$E4

About BBC WORLDWIDE

The BBC has been a key player in the English language teaching market for
over 50 years, developing successful materials across a range of media from
television, radio, publishing and new media.

BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm, and a wholly owned
subsidiary, of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The company was
formed in 1994 to develop a coordinated approach to the BBC$E2s commercial
activities: television, publishing, product licensing, Internet and
interactive. Since 1995, English language teaching has been incorporated
into the commercial framework of BBC Worldwide and a major investment
programme is now under way to develop multiple-media English language
teaching brands for the 21st Century.

About DIVACE OY
Divace Oy is a leading developer and supplier of technology enhanced
solutions for learning environments. From language laboratories to digital
multimedia resource centres branded Tandberg Educational and Auditek, the
company has designed and installed over 16,000 learning systems in schools
of various levels, colleges, and university centres in 90 countries
worldwide.

Recently Divace Oy has partnered with the California State University in
its Strategic Language Initiative project to develop a model for e-Learning
and virtual collaboration. The company has also entered into co-operation
with Prentice Hall, the imprint of Pearson Education, to integrate Divace
technology with the publisher$E2s content.