LLTI Archives

April 2017, Week 2

From:
"Bryant, Todd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 13:30:25 +0000
The Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 are region free for the DVDs.  The languages available on the DVD vary on where you buy them, so you may have to have a friend forward it along.  The “store” where you download stuff is local, so stick to the DVDs.

Xbox does have a region on the DVDs, so you’ll need to get the consode from Europe or Asia depending on what languages you want if you want an Xbox.

You may also consider PC games.  For one, you could get an Oculus Rift which would be unique for most of the students.  The students interested in gaming likely already have access to the major consoles.  Second, for game content Steam allows you to search for games by language, buy, and download from one location.  If you go this route, be sure to check the tech specs.  The Oculus Rift requires a very high end machine.  Dell has machines specially labeled for the Oculus.

Good luck,

Todd

Todd Bryant

Dickinson College