LLTI Archives

April 2013, Week 2

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:36:41 +0000
From: Sarah Withee <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Subject: RE: #10006 Cheap remote Whiteboard solution
Date: April 9, 2013 9:35:14 AM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

We have used a document camera to broadcast an area of our lab for a Skype conference. If you already have one in your pool of checkout equipment, that might be an easy and cheap solution.

Depending on the videoconferencing solution you are using, you might also be able to use the conference system’s whiteboard and project it into your classroom.  Another possibility would be to look at the Mimio interactive whiteboard products. They have one that is designed to be used with whiteboard markers and captures your handwritten input to a computer as you write (it’s the MimioCapture).

Sarah

Sarah Withee
Instructional Technologist
Colorado College