LLTI Archives

August 2017, Week 3

From:
Lisa Katzenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:11:28 +0000
Dear IALLT staff:

I need to design a PowerPoint presentation and a quiz for our incoming language lab student assistants.  Two are Vietnamese (one went to high school in the U.S.) and one is Iranian.  I have been told that previous ESOL student assistants in the lab have had some issues with customer service delivery in the U.S.  Other concerns are their knowledge of staff and what they can do (who to contact for what), the organizational chart of our department, knowing where and how to direct lab students on campus, etc.  I plan on interviewing our lab instructors for additional things I need to cover, but if anybody has a PowerPoint or handout of what they cover with their student assistants in the lab, that would be really great.  If you know of an article that covers this, that would also be highly appreciated. Thanks ahead for your help.

Lisa Katzenstein