LLTI Archives

September 2012, Week 1

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:36:24 -0400
from  [log in to unmask]

We have been using the Cakewalk UA-1G boxes to connect regular headsets to
our Mac computers via USB. These connect headsets with electret condenser
mikes with 3.5mm plugs, send / receive signal to/from computer via USB
cable. They have adjustable sound levels for mike in and headphone out. We
use them with Telex Discovery headsets. We have found that these work very
well on our systems.

Recently, we added a new classroom set of iMacs, so we need more of these
boxes to include in our setup. Unfortunately, the manufacturer no longer
makes these converters, and they appear to be quite rare. I am writing to
see if anyone has any of these lying around that you are not using. We
would be happy to take them off your hands. The units we are looking for
are known under two names:

Cakewalk UA-1G
ROLAND UA-1G

They were formerly known as Edirol UA1EX

We would be delighted to find and purchase any of these units. We are
looking for 8-10 of them in all.

If you have one or a few of these and are willing to part with them, please
get in touch.

Thanks,
Dan Soneson
Director, CLA Language Center