LLTI Archives

September 2017, Week 5

From:
Loreen A Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 15:13:20 +0000
I'd really love your contribution to a project I've got going on here at Phillips Academy.  I am doing a Flipgrid/bulletin board mashup in our Language Learning Center and I want to bring you into it.

What better way for students to get to know some language professors from post-secondary schools than to share with us your favorite word/phrase/idiom in the language you teach?

It's easy...it will only take you about 5 minutes...and our students will love it!!

I'm asking you to submit a video (via Flipgrid) describing your favorite word/phrase/idiom.  You would say the word/phrase in the target language and then explain (in English) what it means and why you like it so much!  Then type the word/phrase (in the target language) in the title of the video right before you submit.

I then rotate the favorites on our Language Learning Center interactive bulletin board for our students to experience.  I feature the teacher's picture/school, the word/phrase in the target language and in English, and a QR code to the Flipgrid video pronouncing and explaining the word/phrase.

Below is my Flipgrid link to submit your favorite!  It also also includes a link to a Flipgrid video I made explaining the bulletin board.  (Before you submit yours, you can view other videos to see what they've shared!)

Feel free to share it with other language teachers you know...the more the merrier!

www.flipgrid.com/3ced10<http://www.flipgrid.com/3ced10>

https://twitter.com/edtechspelunker/status/913485421270663168

<http://www.flipgrid.com/3ced10>
[https://media.flipgrid.com/i/1MCv54y2LZxqCM07Z4q3AYfOpmrrqp.jpg]<http://www.flipgrid.com/3ced10>

What is your favorite word/phrase?<http://www.flipgrid.com/3ced10>
www.flipgrid.com
Language Lovers/Teachers....please share your favorite world language word or phrase and tell us why you like it so much!! Is it a funny idiom, is it a great tongue-twister, does it have sentimental meaning for you, do you just like the way it sounds, etc.I have the response time set for up to 2 minutes, so take your time.Have fun!Loreen

Loreen Sullivan

Manager, Language Learning Center (LLC)

Google Certified Educator

Phillips Academy Andover