LLTI Archives

February 2014, Week 4

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:05:20 +0000

From: "Ryan Brazell (rbrazell)" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Join us Thursday for LLU Live
Date: February 25, 2014 11:11:28 AM CST
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Hello everyone,

Barbara Sawhill, Felix Kronenberg, and I would like to invite LLTI subscribers to join us this Thursday, and every Thursday, at 4pm EST for another edition of LLU Live.

LLU Live is a short and informal weekly gathering, loosely organized around a particular theme related to language learning and/or language technology. LLU Live is not a webinar; each week’s host will be responsible for taking a couple of minutes to introduce the topic, but then it’s up to the participants as a group to decide where the conversation goes. We won’t promise to solve the world’s problems, but we will promise to keep it short. Because your time and ours is in short supply, we strive to keep each LLU Live to about 20 minutes or less.

Previous topics have included Using Radio for Language Learning, Video Games and Language Learning, and Collaborative Writing. This week's topic, led by Barbara Sawhill, is "What's in YOUR Job Description?<http://languagelabunleashed.org/2014/02/llu-live-19-whats-in-your-job-description/>" Information on how to join, as well as a list of topics scheduled for the future, can be found on the Language Lab Unleashed Live Events<http://languagelabunleashed.org/live-events/> page.

If you have a topic you'd like to suggest, feel free to send us an email with a brief summary of what you'd like to talk about, and which Thursday afternoon might work for you. (Check the LLU Live calendar<http://languagelabunleashed.org/live-events/> for a list of dates that don't currently have a topic scheduled.) Remember, there are no presentations or research to prepare -- think of this more like the conversations you have in the hallway or lounge between conference sessions.

We hope to see you on an upcoming Thursday,
Ryan

--
Ryan Brazell
Webmaster & Author