LLTI Archives

September 2014, Week 4

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:33:12 +0000

From: "Primov, Rachida S" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: RE: #10272 Question about headsets / mics
Date: September 26, 2014 at 10:48:27 AM CDT
To: 'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum' <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Good morning Mike,

For the past few years we have been using  wired headsets from Logitech.

The Model we use is the ClearChat Comfort USB and ClearChat™ Pro USB. They work well for both Mac and PC. The price range for the ClearChat Comfort is around $19.99 to $29.99. The ClearChat Pro is not in production anymore. You can still find them online but they are slightly more expensive. The ClearChat Pro was replaced by the ClearChat Comfort. The quality of these headset is  excellent; they last a long time. They are used a lot in both our labs for journal or exam recordings and for our virtual immersion sessions.

Best,

Rachida

Rachida Salama Primov
Senior Lecturer in French
The Eleonore Graves Tripp Modern Languages Laboratory and Tutorial Writing Center, Director
Virtual Immersion Program Coordinator
University of Miami
Phone: 305-284-8592
Fax: 305-284-2225
Email : [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://www.as.miami.edu/mll/labs/