LLTI Archives

October 2014, Week 3

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:31:43 +0000

From: Takeshi Sengiku <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: RE: #10280.1 (!) question about the headsets with noise cancellation - specifically people talking, not background noise
Date: October 13, 2014 at 2:43:04 PM CDT
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Hi Margo,

Thank you for the email.

Did you have any success on the sound-dampening panels (besides the fact that we need to control the student’s posture) in terms of noise reduction?  Would you give me the name of the panels you use?
When you say ‘people working in extremely loud environments’, do you mean people who work at the construction company and so forth?

I will research more to see if I can come across any headphones/accessories or sound absorbing components.

Takeshi

Takeshi Sengiku
Digital Language Lab Manager
Academic Computing Services, Stanford University
http://thelab.stanford.edu<http://thelab.stanford.edu/>