FMPRO-L Archives

January 2011, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2011 04:39:32 -0500
Hi Richard,

It sounds like you need a list of your key field to create the
relationship you want. In you 'Context Socket' calculation try

GetnthRecord(myKeyField, Get ( RecordNumber ) - 9) & "¶" &
GetnthRecord(myKeyField, Get ( RecordNumber ) - 8) & "¶" &
  . . .(you get the idea) . . . & "¶" &
GetnthRecord(myKeyField, Get ( RecordNumber ) + 9)

Where myKeyField is an indexed field that you can use for a
relationship. Your relationship will be Context Socket = myKeyField.

getnthrecord idea for choosing your highlight criteria, and you should
get what you want. Try ContextualPortal::ID =
GetNthRecord(MainFile::__ID;Get ( RecordNumber )) assuming you are on
the the main record, or put the ID value in a global field or global
variable and compare to that.

I'm sure someone will give you an elegant solution, but this should do.

Mike