DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

September 2013

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Piotr Teterwak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Piotr Teterwak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 18:29:02 +0000
Hi all!

You are getting this e-mail because you are on the Mountain Biking Listserv, operated by the DOC Mountain Biking Club! This list serves the following purposes:

1.       As a way to communicate which official weekly trips are going out. Each week there will be a Google Doc sent out with a list of led trips. If you want to sign up for a trip, you can put your name on the Google Doc spreadsheet in the appropriate spot and the leader will blitz you. If you don't have your own bike, or are looking to get into mountain biking this is a good place to start.

2.       As a way to let people know you are going riding outside of a trip, and to invite others to go ride. If you are looking for someone to ride with, this is a good idea. It is often spontaneous.

3.       As a social list to communicate all things biking. This list will also tolerate things not biking, especially if it relates to good beer or snow skiing. It will not, however, tolerate any references to bad beer.

4.       As a social list to plan get-togethers.

5.       As a forum for discussing what the fox said.

The club has plenty of gear like bikes, helmets, and tools. However, to use them, you must be with a leader. If you want access to any of these tools, please blitz the list and a leader will help you out. If you want to go ride, don't have a bike, and none of the trips fit your schedule, blitz the list and we'll try to run a trip that DOES jibe with your schedule.

If you don't want to be on this list, blitz me and I'll take you off. If you have friends that you think would enjoy getting spammed by us give us their names, and they will get put on the listserv.

Cheers!
-Piotr