DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

October 2016

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sharing Moosilauke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharing Moosilauke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:53:39 -0400
Hi everyone,

It is with great excitement that we welcome you to the official launch of
www.sharingthemountain.com, a website dedicated to the Moosilauke Ravine
Lodge.

Sharing the Mountain <http://www.sharingthemountain.com/> is a project that
aims to memorialize the expansive and intricate community that has been
established at the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge, by sharing the stories and
experiences of Dartmouth students, alumni and community members.

Throughout the site you will be able to explore a digital oral-histories
archive. We invite you to discover stories, photos, videos, and interactive
panoramas of the Ravine Lodge. We encourage you to engage with the site,
and to contribute you own stories and photos through the “Share Your Story”
feature. We hope that Sharing the Mountain
<http://www.sharingthemountain.com/> serves as a forum for sharing,
reminiscing, and sustaining the memory of a building that has meant so
much, to so many over the past 78 years.

Please feel free to share this site with your friends, family, and all the
people who have an affection and admiration for the Moosilauke Ravine
Lodge. We hope that this site can begin to memorialize a sacred place, the
community that fuels it, and the smart, kind and daring people that made it
a home.

This project was made possible through the generosity of the Claire Goodman
Fund of the Dartmouth Anthropology Department, Professor Elizabeth
Carpenter-Song '00 and Professor Sienna Craig, Rory Gawler, Dan Nelson and
the Dartmouth Outing Club, Ryan Collette of RyCo Designs, the Dartmouth
DALI Lab, and finally over twenty interviewees who contributed their time,
stories and memories.

We look forward to hearing your stories! Enjoy the site!

Best,

Gigi Anderson ’16 and Connor Gibson ’16