DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

September 2015

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Daniel M. Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel M. Nelson
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2015 16:28:14 +0000
Dear DOC,

We recently completed a very successful timber framing workshop for the new Class of '66 Bunkhouse at Moosilauke - but there's still lots of volunteer work to be done before we close it up for the winter and then complete construction for a dedication next June.   (You can find some photos and video of the project here:  http://photos.davidkotz.org/Chubbers/2015-Timberframe-workshop/)

I'll be driving a van up to the Lodge this Friday morning and can take up to 11 people who would like to come up and work for the day.  We'll leave from behind Robo at 8:00 am and return shortly after 5:00.  Lunch will be provided at the Lodge.  Any level of carpentry experience (including no experience at all) is welcome.   This is a chance to work with other students, staff and alumni on a beautiful new bunkhouse  at Moosilauke that is designed to stand for the next century.   You'll be able to show your grandchildren a place you helped build!

I need to confirm numbers with the Lodge and building crew, so please email or call me to sign up before Thursday morning, Sept. 24.  No equipment necessary (bring a hammer, etc. if you have tools), but dress warmly and bring a water bottle.

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel M. Nelson '75, Director
Dartmouth Outdoor Programs