DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

October 2010

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Zentner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Zentner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:24:38 -0400
Here it is, the long awaited second update for the 2010
VERTICAL CHALLENGE WOOOOOOOO

Attached are the daily totals and the overall plot.

The chubbers have taken a somewhat expected leap to the front of the pack, but Ledyard is not far behind and has a big weekend coming up!
The mountain bikers finally have real points, and although they look behind at the moment I know there are plenty of unspoken for trips over the past week.
The DMC remains mysteriously quiet.  Rumor has it that they are planning some sort of surprise in terms of points...hmm...

In the individual race:
Ledyard:
1) Nick Gottlieb 12410
2) Ben Peters 9100
3) Quinn Connell 6800 (yeah Big Branch)

DMC:
either too close to call....or no-one's sent in points =(

CnT:
The 50 hikers!!!
but also:
Julia Kelson (hikin' out West)
Molly Grear (Bond Cliffs)
Ross Connor (Katahdin)

MBC:
Rob Collier 6700
Tom Collier 5500
Anson Moxness 4200

Will Ben Peters come back to overthrow Nick in the boating race?  Will the younger Collier hold his lead?
Will Julia Kelson beat out all the eastern hikers?
What is the DMC planning?

So many questions!  Only you can determine the outcome!!!!!!!
So send in your points!
A refresher on the process:
Go outside
Do something awesome (I.e. rack up some serious vertical footage)
Calculate yo points (see below)
Blitz them to me with names and dates!! ([log in to unmask])

Points:
Ledyard:
Multiply vertical down by:
5

DMC:
Multiply vertical up by:

5.0-5.5 => x1

5.6-5.7 => x2

5.8-5.9 => x3

5.10 => x4

5.11 => x5

5.12 => x6

5.13 => x7

5.14 => x8

if trad, add one to your multiplier.

CnT:

Multiply vertical (up and down) by:

1/4 for hiking

1/3 for trailwork trips

MBC:

Send in your trip location (trail names are very helpful!)

and how many laps up and down you did!

Also, length of time is helpful too.

GO OUTSIDE!!

                                Dartmouth Mountain Biking

To blitz to the list, send a blitz to [log in to unmask]
To be removed from the list, blitz "SIGNOFF DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING" to [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions about anything biking related blitz MBC