DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

April 2014

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Riordan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Riordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:12:00 -0400
Hi Everyone -

What a long winter it was and as a result such a late spring.  The trails
right now are at their most fragile state of the year.

*Please stay off the trails right now: Walking, Riding, Running, Etc.  *

The damage done at this time of the year takes hours and hours of work to
fix.  We will be setting up trail work days for the next 4 weeks to work on
the trails.  Please join us.  In addition we will be putting up signs on
trail networks around the Upper Valley.  Each network has a trail
ambassador that was appointed to green light when the trails are ready to
ride.  We will then open some trails in a network as they start to become
drier while keeping the poor draining trails closed until they are ready.

We are rebuilding the www.uvmba.com site right now and it will have more
and more network status as we build it up.  Please keep on checking it!

Our community is our enforcement.  We all want to ride but waiting a few
more weeks will make a HUGE difference on the networks for the year.

Please let me know if you have concern or question and repost this anywhere
you think would be noticed.

Thank you,
Brian