DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

May 2011

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tom Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 12:00:11 -0400
A ride opportunity for all. The UVMBA rides can be a great way to meet more riders in the area and learn about other trails to ride in the upper valley.

-Tom

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Clayton Morlock <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: May 9, 2011 1:16:18 PM EDT
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
> Subject: UVMBA Thursday Night Ride
>
> HI All,
>
> I will start leading a Thursday night ride for all comers.  The purpose is to have fun and give new riders a place to meet fellow riders and learn the trails in the Upper Valley.
>
> I consider myself an intermediate rider so I won't be burning up the trails and have no problem taking beginners out.  If a bunch of uber riders show up, then we can break into smaller groups just so long as someone in the group knows the trails - we want to make sure everyone burns enough calories to suit themselves so they can have a guilt-free beer or two afterward.
>
> This Thursday's ride will start at 5:30 at the Nature Walk entrance of Boston Lot ( on Mascoma St Ext in Lebanon across from the graveyard).  Note the entrance is now closer to the yellow building (opposite side of the Jewish graveyard) as opposed to the Nature Walk apartments side.
>
> Route will be determined on-site depending on who shows.
>
> Rides will always be a 5:30 and we will alternate between Boston Lot, French's Ledge, Oak Hill, Gile Mt., Pinnacle, Union Village Dam and Cornish Town Forest, and possibly the STAB trails in Ascutney.
>
> I picked Thursday because there are tons of rides on Tuesday and this will let people do both if desired.
>
> If enough people don't like the time or the day, I am flexible - so let me know.
>
> Probably do some weekend day trips once in a while  to Kingdom, Mill Stone, Pine Hill and/or Hinesburg.
>
> The only rule I have is you are responsible for the rider behind you - that means you wait at all trail intersections so no-one gets lost or left for dead.
>
> Hope to see you Thursday.
>
> Thanks Clayton Morlock

                                Dartmouth Mountain Biking

To blitz to the list, send a blitz to [log in to unmask]
To be removed from the list, blitz "SIGNOFF DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING" to [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions about anything biking related blitz MBC