DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

July 2015

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Daniel M. Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel M. Nelson
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:32:49 +0000
Dear DOC and friends,

Jim Collins '84 asked me to spread the word about this great volunteer opportunity for the rest of the summer on the Rapid River (near the College Grant).  No pay, but room and board provided.  Great place to write the next couple chapters of your novel....

Cheers
Dan

Daniel M. Nelson '75, Director
Dartmouth Outdoor Programs
115 Robinson Hall
PO Box 9
Hanover, NH  03755
603-646-2356 (office)
603-646-1444 (fax)

Hello! I'm helping get the word out about an immediate job opening for a volunteer/intern at the remote Forest Lodge on the Rapid River in western Maine. The duties are quite light - general upkeep and cleaning, hosting visitors and possible group tours, etc. - with plenty of free time for swimming, kayaking, and/or fly-fishing on a spectacular river just east of Lake Umbagog and the Second College Grant. Living conditions are rustic: cabin-style bunkhouse, outhouse for plumbing, no electricity, only occasional generator-fueled wi-fi. Former home of Maine author Louise Dickinson Rich (author of We Took to the Woods), now on the National Register of Historic Places. Start time as soon as possible, finish end of August or into the fall fishing season as your schedule allows. Handyman skills a plus, and the ability/desire to work independently. No pay, but room and board provided. Contact Steve Smith of the Friends of Forest Lodge for details. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Jim Collins
564 Tuttle Hill Road
Orange, NH 03741

(603) 523-1103, home