DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

October 2012

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
DOC President <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DOC President <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2012 14:44:50 +0000
Hi DOCers,

We just received a request from a student working in Cape Town who needs gear donations. She is working with the Amy Biehl Foundation, which runs after-school programs for underprivileged kids in the townships, and her supervisor is organizing a trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro for next June for 5 of the kids, 2 adults, and 2 volunteers. The student (Saida) was wondering if anyone in the DOC has old gear that could be donated to the trip- sleeping bags, pads, frame packs, hiking boots, etc.

Would someone be willing to organize a gear donation drive for the Amy Biehl Foundation? We have lots of old gear lying around in Robo, and I'm sure people have gear that they have recently replaced.

'16s- This would be a great way to get involved in the DOC and help an amazing cause!

-Joanna