DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

March 2016

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Ian A. Raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian A. Raphael
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:28:43 +0000
Hey DMBC!

We’re organizing a SOLO WFR course over Spring-Summer Interim! The dates will be the 13th-20th of June. That's the day after commencement through two days before summer classes start.

Tentative cost is ~$450, about half the price of a normal WFR course. DOC financial aid applies, and if you’re a leader/leader-in-training you’ll get further subsidization through DOC/OPO. Bottom line is it ends up being a killer deal.

WFR more than satisfies the first aid reqs for all DOC subclubs if you’re interested in becoming a leader, and if you’re thinking of working in any part of the outdoors industry it looks fantastic on your resume. It’s also really really good knowledge to have if you spend any time in the wilderness ever.

We need a minimum of twelve people in order to run the course; I’ve attached a link to a survey, if you’re at all interested please fill it out! We’re closing the survey at midnight on Monday. It’s super short though so just do it now.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZqyVHGixwmEsqfDV8slvAd5GJ1NtB74NbX_gisuCqyU/viewform

If you have any questions feel free to blitz me or Anna Ellis (cc’d)!

Ian