DCAL-GROUP-LIST Archives

January 2015, Week 3

DCAL-GROUP-LIST@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Elaine P. Livingston" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DCAL Group List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:05:53 +0000
Good morning-

Here are the workshops and discussions going on at DCAL next week:

First Responder Workshop, 9:00am - 10:30am, Wednesday, January 21
How do we respond when a student discloses stalking, intimate partner violence or sexual violence? We all want to be helpful and supportive, but it can be difficult to know what to do or say in these moments. This workshop will provide professionals with trauma informed approaches to supporting survivors as well as insight on challenges victims/survivors face to seeking resources.  Facilitated by Benjamin Bradley and Amanda Childress from the Sexual Assault Awareness Program (SAAP).
Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=884481

New Faculty Luncheon, 12:30pm - 2:00pm, Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Grading: Criteria, Curves, and Calculations.  In this session we’ll discuss the relationship of grades with assessment and learning, and the advantages/disadvantages of different models for calculating grades.  Come with your questions and share what has worked for you in your teaching.
Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=882165

Learning, Technology, and Social Change: Mobile Technology in Education, 12:00pm - 1:30pm, Thursday, January 22, 2015
With the meteoric rise in the use of mobile technology, mobile is the future of educational delivery. Or is it? As Dartmouth transitions to the mobile friendly Canvas learning management system, join a lively discussion and demonstration of mobile educational technology being used at the college. When it comes to mobile, where are we, where are we going, and how do we get there?
Are you a faculty member or a student? Come share how you are using mobile technology for coursework, or how you would like to. This session, brought to you by DCAL and the Masters of Health Care Delivery Science, is an invitation to explore mobile innovations in learning, technology and social change.
Register for this session: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=874121

See you at DCAL!
Elaine

Elaine Livingston
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library
Hanover, NH  03755
p. 603-646-2655    f. 603-646-6906
e. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w. www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal>