CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Dandelion Project <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dandelion Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 04:05:46 +0000
Interested in fighting education inequality abroad?

Join us, TODAY, 7-8 PM, for Dandelion Project's first meeting of spring term!
(LOCATION: COLLIS 219)

[cid:fdf9eaff-6bff-4b45-8530-96f5a1a55e2c]

~We will be writing letters to students from a fifth grade classroom in rural China~

(No Chinese experience required.)

ATTN: We're looking for new members to take over our website development and video directing. Here's a brief description of what we're looking for!

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT LEAD:
Looking for devs or CS majors interested in building and enhancing a modern web app. Req: Preferred skills: Python, HTML & CSS, Javascript, and familiarity with MVC web frameworks. Prior experience with Django a plus! Check out some of our work here: http://www.dandelionenglish.org/

VIDEO DIRECTOR:
Looking for students interested in directing and filming educational videos about American culture, as well as videos that teach English vocab/pronunciation to foreign students.
Skills: (1) Knowledge in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, or a video editing software of similar complexity. (Adobe Premiere is preferred because all the Jones computers have the Adobe Collection and it acts like a bridge between Final Cut and Vegas); (2) Photoshop; (3) Powerpoint. Filming experience is a plus!

If you're interested in either of these roles, please send us a blitz and/or come say hi at our first meeting!

[&#X02665],
The Dandelion Exec