CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
DOC Trips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DOC Trips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2018 21:35:36 +0000
Hello, Dartmouth!

The application to apply to volunteer for DOC First Year Trips is due TOMORROW April 4th at 5pm!

The application is found here: http://doctrips.org/volunteers<http://doctrips.com/volunteers>

If you're concerned about anything-- the application deadline,  internship dates not working with Trips, food and housing after Trips, borrowing gear**-- please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [log in to unmask] We'll also be having office hours TONIGHT 4/3 from 8:15-10pm in Robinson Hall 103 to answer any last minute questions about the app, the program, or anything else. You are also absolutely welcome to list any concerns you might have within your application itself.

Some final things we would like you all to know about volunteering for Trips:

1. There is no set formula to being a great volunteer. A Trips volunteer does not have to have a specific personality type, does not need to love Dartmouth, does not have to have any past Trips experience, and does not need to have any previous outdoor experience whatsoever (many of the trippees won't have experience outside and will appreciate mentors who can identify with that). All you need is a sincere desire to welcome first year students to Dartmouth and ease their transition in a compassion, thoughtful, and honest way. No matter who you are, we want you to volunteer.

2. Trips is entirely student run - that means that WE, as students, have the agency to build Trips-- the first point of contact over 90% of incoming students are going to have with the Dartmouth community-- and to make it the most honest and thoughtful welcome it can be.

We truly hope to see an application from you. If you have any questions or concerns at all PLEASE don't hesitate to reach out, or to swing by office hours tonight!

Much love,
The 2018 Trips Directorate

**We would also like to note that we are willing to work hard to accommodate students with financial barriers to volunteering. If there is any reason you feel like you might be unable to volunteer for Trips for financial reasons, please know that we will have food and meal plan options for leaders who remain on campus after their trips end, that you will receive on-campus housing if you are on in the fall, and that we are happy to discuss any other concerns you might have.

DOC First-Year Trips Program
Dartmouth College
Robinson Hall 103
Hanover, NH  03755
(p) 603.646.3996<tel:(603)%20646-3996>
http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/firstyear/<http://dartmouth.edu/~doc/firstyeartrips>
Blog: http://docfirstyeartrips.wordpress.com<http://docfirstyeartrips.wordpress.com/>

Lucia Pierson '18, Director
Dalia Rodriguez-Caspeta '18, Assistant Director