CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Palaeopitus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Palaeopitus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:46:22 +0000
To the Class of 2025,

Palaeopitus Senior Society is now accepting applications for entry into the 2025 delegation.

What is Palaeopitus?

Palaeopitus was established in 1899 and is Dartmouth’s senior leadership society. We are comprised of seniors that have been selected for our demonstrated dedication to Dartmouth. Our delegates are leaders from every corner of campus, and we capitalize on that collective experience to aid our fellow leaders at the College, including students, staff, and faculty. We do this by hosting events, focus groups, and workshops, forming a faculty-student taskforce, creating a “What we wish you knew” guide for College leaders, building resources, and much more!

Our mission is to strengthen student, staff, and faculty leadership by:

  1.  Helping students and student organizations in developing responsible and effective leadership through the curation of and dissemination of institutional knowledge.
  2.  Increasing the effectiveness and reach of College activities by ensuring knowledge of the student experience is included in planning.
  3.  Fostering community and understanding between students, staff, and faculty by bridging knowledge gaps of these parties’ experiences.
  4.  Promoting the College’s welfare and protecting its good name.

Membership is public knowledge and can overlap with other senior societies because Palaeopitus operates under the Dean of the College rather than the Office of Greek Life.

If you want to learn more about Palaeopitus and speak to members of the current delegation, we invite you to stop by our office hours! We will be in Collis Lobby on Tuesday, April 16 from 12:15-1:15 pm and Wednesday, April 17 from 12-1 pm to answer any questions that you may have and talk to you about the application, typical delegation activities, and enjoy Lou’s Cookies!

If you are interested in joining the 2025 Delegation, please submit your application using this form<https://forms.gle/txgeS7eoNMKDDt4H8> by Friday, April 19 at 11:59pm. Email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

The 2024 Palaeopitus Delegation

Adithi Jayaraman

Anthony Fosu, alumni & induction chair

Bernardo Burnes

Cady Rancourt, co-moderator

Cameron Martin

Caroline Balick

C.J. Henrich, treasurer

Devontae Lacasse, ex-officio member, President’s Intern

Emma Johnson

Evan Barrett, secretary

Evelyn Hatem

Izaiah Delbrune-Robinson

Jessica Chiriboga, ex-officio member, Student Body President

Joanna Olagundoye

Josephine Kim

Kami Arabian, ex-officio member, Senior Class President

Kaya Çolakoðlu

Kiara Ortiz, co-moderator

Kristin Chapman, ex-officio member, Editor-in-Chief of The Dartmouth

Mehak Batra

Raylen Bark

Sophie Williams

Stan Gao