CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:12:43 +0000
Apply for the Honduras Spring Break Service Trip!
Are you interested in sustainable development or public healthcare?
Do you enjoy working with teenagers?
Do you want to be a mentor for teens and build strong relationships with them in the process?
Do you want to participate in an established program that continuously makes a positive impact on the lives of others?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions AND if you are proficient in Spanish, apply for the Dartmouth Alumni & Students for Honduras spring break trip to Honduras!

For the last six years, Dartmouth students have created and annually held a leadership camp for teens from El Rosario, Honduras. This spring break, we will focus on helping our students run a two-day dental clinic to kick-off the opening of a permanent dental clinic in the community. We will also teach problem solving skills to enable students to become influential leaders in their community.

We are looking for dedicated students from Dartmouth to join us. If you participate in this project you can expect to form meaningful relationships with teens from a different and vibrant culture, learn all about what makes a sustainable development project successful, and build your own leadership and mentoring skills.

To apply, please email:
Juliana Ortego '13: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Christine Averill '13: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

About DASH:
Dartmouth Alumni & Students for Honduras (DASH) is run by two '13s who have participated in the teen camp for the last four years as well as other projects with our parent organization, ACTS. We are funded by grants, generous alumni and fundraising efforts at the college.

About ACTS (our parent organization):
Since 1986, a dedicated group of people from the Upper Valley has traveled to rural Honduras and worked closely with the people of El Rosario to improve local communities. Past / Current projects include: establishment of a medical and dental clinic, construction of water systems, latrines and stovepipes. Members include numerous Dartmouth alumni, faculty and administration. You can learn more by visiting the ACTS website at http://actshonduras.org/.
?