CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Divest Dartmouth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Divest Dartmouth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2016 20:42:47 -0400
Hi all!

Please take a measly 3 minutes out of your day to watch this important
video and help one of our stellar members (Laura Hutchinson ’19) get to
Marrakesh, Morocco in November to cover the COP22 UN Climate Negotiations
as a youth member of the press.

Here is her film:

https://youtu.be/XiUhKroa-Xs

SOME CONTEXT:

Laura created this short promotional film about Divest Dartmouth last
spring, in part to advertise and educate campus ahead of our big,
record-breaking rally. She since submitted it to a global youth video
competition, as was selected as one of 20 young people "shortlisted" in the
public awareness category. In order to win a trip to COP22 (this year's UN
Climate Talks in Marrakesh, Morocco in November) as a youth member of the
press, her video must receive the MOST views out of those 20 shortlisted
films before SEPTEMBER 23RD. That gives us LESS THAN ONE WEEK.

So this is where YOU come in. Each view counts as one vote, so PLEASE
PLEASE PLEASE watch it, and share it with friends, family, anyone and
everyone. Especially in the wake of Divest Dartmouth’s historic meeting
with the Board of Trustees on Thursday (listen to a full audio recording
here: https://soundcloud.com/user-102162910/trustee-meeting), it’s vital
that the Dartmouth community is familiar with the basics of fossil fuel
divestment, and Dartmouth’s campaign in particular.

THAT BEING SAID…

We highly encourage you to:

1.         Share it with everyone. Literally everyone. Blow up facebook and
twitter and all of those social media things.

2.         Join Divest! We meet on Wednesday nights at 8 pm in Robo
Basement.

3.         Sign our petition
(*https://campaigns.gofossilfree.org/petitions/dartmouth-college)
<https://campaigns.gofossilfree.org/petitions/dartmouth-college)>*

TL;DR

1. PLEASE watch this video. It’s literally only 3 minutes of your life.
Just do it.

2. SHARE it with everyone. Literally everyone.

3. Laura will in turn love you forever and bring back cool stories and
media from MOROCCO if all goes well

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Get at us or contact Laura directly at [log in to unmask]

PEACE LOVE DIVEST (MOROCCO?)

Divest Dartmouth