CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Student Assembly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Student Assembly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:57:19 +0000
Interested in making changes on campus?? Passionate about our Dartmouth community??

APPLY TO STUDENT ASSEMBLY BY 5:00PM TODAY!!

Applications for Rotating Members, Diversity and Community Affairs, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, and Public Affairs will be accepted up until 5:00PM TODAY.

Below are descriptions for each of the above committees!

Rotating Members

The idea of two rotating members sitting on the board is a new concept this year that we thought would enhance the line of communication between students and SA. Each member will serve on the board for one term; having full voting power during their tenure. While on the board, the responsibilities of the member will include:

  *   ​Assisting our programming director and marketing director with projects (even planning SA formal :)) ​

  *   Attending weekly cabinet meetings and other SA events with campus groups ​

  *   Consulting the President and Vice President on the agenda for the term ​

Diversity & Community Affairs

 The Diversity & Community Affairs Committee is designed to cater to the needs of a diverse and ever-changing student body. By working to unite the multitude of diversity organizations on campus, Student Assembly hopes to influence the processes of integrating current students, welcoming new students to campus, and educating the greater student body in pluralism. The history of hate crimes and discrimination on campus, as well as recent campus incidents, further justify the existence and importance of this committee and their task. This committee will run a campus climate task force, campus-wide surveys, and work to attract high school students from underrepresented communities to Dartmouth.

Academic Affairs

 The Academic Affairs Committee responds to student needs and interests in all facets of academic life at Dartmouth. Successful initiatives have included: establishment of an online research database which serves as a guide for students seeking to participate in research; and the establishment of an online schedule of lectures and talks that will allow students to know of these events well ahead of time, thus allowing them to plan accordingly and to attend. This year, Student Assembly will be adding faculty members to the committee to increase student-faculty communication and collaboration. Together, these students and faculty will work together to host several Student Assembly-sponsored debates about campus issues and to arrange an annual appreciation reception to honor outstanding faculty.

Student Affairs

 The work of the Student Affairs Committee tends to be the most visible on campus. Whether working with DDS to voice student opinion about dining options, revamping the cable TV lineup, or collaborating with Computing Services to create an online document management system. The services provided by the Student Affairs committee have a significant impact on day-to-day life for Dartmouth Students. In many cases, students have come to rely on the services provided by the committee; however, the services are not provided by the administration, which makes sufficient ongoing funding for programs extremely important.

Public Affairs

 The Public Affairs Committee is vested with the responsibility of making Student Assembly more transparent to the rest of campus. We believe Student Assembly should have a larger presence on campus in addition to the press and  social media. Thus, the Public Affairs Committee serves to enhance the communication, transparency, and accessibility of Student Assembly.

Campaign Team

Members of the campaign team oversee the planning and implementation for our two initiatives: our sexual assault and mental health campaigns. This team will be able to obtain marketing experience, work with different third-party vendors, and manage a budget while simultaneously working closely with Casey and Frank in order to make their vision a reality.

Please apply if you are interested!

Don't hesitate to contact us via blitz if you have any questions!

Casey A. Dennis

Student Body President

Frank M. Cunningham III

Student Body Vice President