CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kappa Delta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kappa Delta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:48:22 +0000
To the Dartmouth Community,

We, the self-identifying women of Kappa Delta sorority, join other campus groups in expressing our solidarity with the First Year Trips Director, Assistant Director, and Directorate in light of the recent opinion article in The Dartmouth.

Women, people of color, people of marginalized identities, and especially people at the intersection of marginalized identities, have always faced and will continue to face unfounded questions of merit and ability. It was not all that long ago that men decorated campus with banners demanding that women leave Dartmouth and go home. Dartmouth’s long history as a bastion of white male privilege lives on today. While we strongly condemn daily assaults against marginalized groups, we acknowledge that others continue to perpetuate racism, sexism, and prejudice that color the experiences of so many on campus. These assaults haunt our daily lives in insidious and often hidden ways.

We support those who are impacted by this article, and we admire all of those strong, resilient people who fight against hatred and oppression each day to make this campus a better place. You have talent, merit, and ability, and you have earned and deserve your place and your positions of leadership in this community, regardless of ceaseless attempts to tear you down.

In Solidarity,

Kappa Delta