CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Pan Asian Council <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pan Asian Council <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:25:30 +0000
Dear Dartmouth Community,

On Thursday night, students came out in solidarity with the #blacklivesmatter movement and marched to Dartmouth Hall to listen to the thoughts and experiences of community members.  A subgroup of the protesters ?then held demonstrations on all 4 floors of berry Library.

The Pan Asian Council is dedicated to supporting all members of the Pan Asian community.   Regardless of one's opinions surrounding the protest, we send a message to our community that we are here to support each other and we encourage you to reach out to the Assistant Dean and Advisor to Pan Asian Students, Shiella Cervantes<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, as a resource.

The Pan-Asian Council stands in solidarity with all communities of color on campus.  As marginalized communities on campus and in the United States, it is important for us to listen to one another and come to understandings about our various experiences.  We must acknowledge and respect our intertwined histories of allyship as well as conflict.  The Pan Asian Council is issuing a call to action to the community to engage in healthy discussion regarding issues affecting both our community and others, and stand in solidarity with one another.

On Monday from 4-6, the Pan Asian Council will be opening the PAC Resource Room, Robo 104, for an informal, drop-in discussion session, where members of the Dartmouth community are encouraged to drop in and have open and thoughtful dialogue about these issues. Hopefully with conversation, we can come to understanding.

In solidarity,

The Pan Asian Council