CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Ledyard Canoe Club <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ledyard Canoe Club <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:23:51 +0000
Ledyard Canoe Club

Dartmouth's Premier Whitewater and Flatwater Paddling Group

is meeting MONDAY (TONIGHT) at 9 PM in COLLIS 101

[cid:2a2f608f-6fd3-4764-b56e-0cfa21231854]

I'm sure you have many questions...

WHY should I go to Ledyard Council?

Maybe you went on paddling trip for First-Year Trips, or maybe you've gone on canoeing trips beforeDartmouth, or maybe you want to get outdoors and try new things! Ledyard council is perfect for all those backgrounds! Tonight's meeting will teach you about the history of the club, what the club means to people today, why people love canoeing and kayaking, what a seal launch is, and what love truly is (or at least most of those things). Our council tonight is also the time where people can sign up to go on TRIPS with us! Including canoe paddles to the Organic Farm, whitewater kayaking trips to Hartlands, and so much more!

WHAT IF I didn't go on a paddling First-Year Trip and/or I've never paddled before?

Perfect! Ledyard is primarily focused on introducing people to something new, whether that's getting in a canoe for the first time or learning how to roll a kayak. We have a bunch of TRIPS set up for THIS WEEK that are oriented to getting beginners out on the water and focused on having a good time (and you can only sign up for these TRIPS at council). We also will be emailing out opportunities to casually come and hang out by the Ledyard Clubhouse and learn how to roll a kayak or rescue a canoe!

WHAT IF I don't like paddling?

I would say STILL COME! We're more than just a paddling community. We host social events every week, including trivia nights and pancake breakfasts and many more. We are also active in conservation in the Upper Valley and rivers across the country, so if you have an interest in conservation, and generally not messing up nature, you'll be surrounded by others that are working towards that very same goal.

WHY is it called "council" and not just a meeting?

Some traditions at Dartmouth are so old and mysterious... it's best not to question them.

HOW cool is Ledyard?

We don't mean to brag, but we're nearly 100 years old and we've sent dozens of athletes to compete in the Olympics. One of our members is currently on the National Wildwater team and many of our alumni paddle professionally in some way. And a number of them paddled for the first time ever at Dartmouth!

WHAT if I am not Ledyard's LISTSERV to receive emails about TRIPS and "councils"?

Then you can add yourself to our LISTSERV! Go to listserv.dartmouth.edu<http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/>, and after logging in, search "doc-ledyard-council" and click subscribe on the right-hand side. We will also have a computer at our council on Monday night for people to sign up for the LISTSERV

WHERE and WHEN is this "council"?

MONDAY (TONIGHT) at 9 PM in COLLIS 101 (that's the room that's behind Collis Common ground (that's the big wooden room in Collis))

Wowee. I'm excited for tonight, and I hope you are too!

I guess I'll see you pretty soon!

❤ Cohaeramus,

❤❤LCVP