CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 07:09:15 +0000
A Message to the Dartmouth Community:

Link Up stands in solidarity with the First-Year Trips director, assistant director, and general directorate in response to the recent opinion article attacking their credentials

and the legitimacy of the directorate application process.

Furthermore, this article attacks marginalized identities and questions the idea that marginalized people in positions of power could deserve those positions based on merit. Link Up condemns this attack and the rest of the article, which displayed a fundamental misunderstanding of systematic oppression and methods employed to combat it.

Again, we support the First-Year Trips team and believe the entire directorate is not only objectively qualified for their positions, but representative of diverse experiences and identities, correcting years of underrepresentation and marginalization.

Link Up is an organization on campus that helps connect Dartmouth women from different class years, parts of campus, and of different backgrounds through our mentorship program, termly Proud to Be a Woman dinners, and more.