CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:22:13 +0000
We're happy to announce that SIBS (formerly Big Brother Big Sister) is seeking volunteers to serve as Big Sibs for children in the Upper Valley to start this winter!!

Applications due 1/25!!! (by email to SIBS)
"a great role model"
"the only thing that is consecutive"
"a perfect match"

This is just some of the amazing feedback we've gotten about our program in the past term! Join now -- you can help make a difference to a Little Sib in the Upper Valley.

Dartmouth College SIBS

Who: A one-on-one match between you and a child from the Upper Valley, aged 6-13 (we take your age preferences into consideration when matching!)

What: SIBS is a chance for you to act as a mentor to a child who comes from a disadvantaged background. He/she could be having family and/or emotional problems, and could really benefit from a role model in his or her life.

Where: Anywhere in the Upper Valley! If you have a U.S. driver's license, you're eligible to become Tucker driver certified, which means you can check out a Tucker car for free to go pick up your little sib and explore the Upper Valley.

When: Whenever meetings fit into your schedule; SIBS is a 4 hour/week time commitment, but it's up to you when you meet!