CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
OneDartmouth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OneDartmouth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:53:35 +0000
Just a reminder that Thursday is the last day to apply to join us at OneDartmouth.  Original message below.  Hope you can join us to help create a true Dartmouth community of all of our students.

OneDartmouth is a student-envisioned, student-planned and student-led program to bring together undergraduates and graduate students from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (GSAS), Tuck School, Thayer School, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice (TDI) and the Geisel School of Medicine . At the heart of this program lies a commitment to encourage dialogue and collaboration between the many diverse and valuable students of Dartmouth College in an effort to foster a strong sense of oneness and community. Confronting the concerns raised by certain members of the undergraduate student body during recent college events  has indicated a need to cultivate deeper fellowship within the greater campus community of undergraduate and graduate students at Dartmouth College. The program intends to help establish meaningful relationships  that are not confined to a particular discipline, classroom or laboratory settings and in doing so, strengthen this valuable dynamic so vital to a unified student community at Dartmouth College. OneDartmouth is a grassroots organization and is not affiliated with any other student organization or group.

The program will commence in this fall term with a brief application period to be followed by the formation of "families" of 10-15 undergraduates, a Geisel student, a A&S graduate student (includes Thayer & TDI) and a Tuck student.  We will then hold a kick-off dinner on Wednesday, October 2, 5:30 PM in Occom Commons.  The students will then plan to have "family dinners" on occasion over the term to hold conversations on whatever topic might interest them around the subject of community.  The Dean of College and Dean of Graduate Studies offices have graciously provided funding for this fall term pilot program.

Please distribute this message to your groups & to your friends.  We are trying to reach every corner of the campus so that this is truly a community program.

For those who are interested in OneDartmouth, two things to do:

1.  Blitz [log in to unmask] to get on our mailing list for this and future terms.

2.  If interested in participating this fall term, fill out our brief application( http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TH8VVV3) by Thursday, September 26.  We will form the groups after that time;  space is limited for the fall term.

In fellowship
Lindsay Mandel '14
Jack Foley '14
Meg Menon (MALS graduate student)
Inyang Udo-Inyang (Geisel Year Two student)
Kenoma Anighoro (Tuck student in MD/MBA program)
Lee Witters (faculty advisor)