CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rocky VoxMasters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rocky VoxMasters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2016 15:34:31 +0000
PERSUASIVE SPEAKING AND FOOD WITH GUEST SPEAKER MIKE KIERNAN

Where: Class of 1930s Room (Rockefeller Center)

When: Wednesday, 6:00 to 7:30

Click HERE<https://rockefellercenter16fpersuasivespeaking.eventbrite.com> to RSVP

No new idea ever travels any further than the innovator's ability to tell its story. We spend all our waking hours contemplating and constructing the message and almost no time training the instrument of the messenger.

This workshop uses techniques and insights from the worlds of theater, movement and neuroscience to tame and train the voice and body we use every day.

It is fun, active and transformative.

Mike Kiernan,<http://middcore.middlebury.edu/about/team/mike-kiernan-instructor-in-persuasive-communication/>

Instructor in Persuasive Communication

Mike Kiernan has been a MiddCORE instructor since 2008 in all areas related to communication: storymaking, crisis management, leadership, networking, and strategic presentation design and delivery. He currently coordinates the MiddCORE workshop series. He has also worked as a communications consultant with political candidates, physicians, and business executives. He has been Medical Director of teams on relief missions after the quakes in Haiti and Nepal. He was recently President of the Medical Staff at Porter Hospital, served on the Technical Advisory Group for the Green Mountain Care Board and the Executive Counsel of Vermont Medical Society and the Town Hall Theater.

Little known fact: Mike is an actor and has been in over 30 plays and films. And he is a physician.