CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Palaeopitus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Palaeopitus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2016 22:49:30 +0000
Dear Students and Community Members,

Earlier this month, the Dartmouth administration announced an effort to increase inclusion and diversity at Dartmouth. We believe these efforts must involve a collaboration between students and administrators. Therefore, Palaeopitus Senior Society will be hosting a Town Hall next Monday, February 22 from 5-6:30pm in the Fahey Ground Floor Lounge.

This is your opportunity to speak directly to the Chairs of the working groups tasked with developing the College's efforts to create a more diverse and inclusive community.

All four Chairs -- Dean Rebecca Biron, Provost Carolyn Dever, Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives Denise Anthony, and Director of Talent Acquisition Ahmed Mohammed -- will be present.

The town-hall meeting will commence with a brief overview explaining the working groups. Afterward, the Chairs will host breakout conversations during which students may share their thoughts on the current campus climate.

In the spirit of deeper collaboration and greater transparency, we hope this event will give the student body the access to administrators necessary to tackle the complex issues of diversity and inclusion on our campus.

Read more about the working groups here: http://www.dartmouth.edu/diversity/

Sincerely,

Palaeopitus Senior Society 2016 Delegation

Aniksha Balamurugan, Hui Cheng, John Comerci, Frank Cunningham, Kirk Davis, Nathaniel Goss, Zac Hardwick, Shagun Herur, Felipe Jaramillo, Charlotte Kamai, Katie McKay, Deidra Nesbeth, Victoria Nevel, Daniela Pelaez, Tyler Rivera, Robert Scales, Maclean Simonson, Jordyn Turner, Sarah Waltcher