CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rockefeller Student Programs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rockefeller Student Programs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 04:41:11 +0000

Can We Save America’s Broken Healthcare System?
America spends roughly $300 billion annually on pharmaceutical drugs – nearly as much as the rest of the world combined.
Why do we pay more for health services, yet our health outcomes are worse?

Come watch ESCAPE FIRE today!, a film that follows dramatic human stories as well as leaders fighting to transform healthcare at the highest levels of medicine, industry, government, and even the US military. ESCAPE FIRE examines the powerful forces trying to maintain the status quo in a medical industry designed for quick fixes rather than prevention.
Watch the trailer here: http://vimeo.com/27450676#<http://vimeo.com/27450676>
4:30 PM, Tuesday, Feb 12, 2013
 Rocky 003
Pizza will be served

The movie will be followed by a discussion with Professor Ellen Meara, from The Dartmouth Institute for Policy and Clinical Practice and the Rockefeller Center, and Professor Charles Wheelan, Senior Lecturer and Policy Fellow at the Rockefeller Center.

More info: http://rockefeller.dartmouth.edu/events/programs.html