CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 7 May 2018 14:24:55 +0000
[cid:6b64b7db-fc09-45ee-93d3-c17cd20ef385]

Come to either event or stay for both! Refreshments will be provided

Want to check out some of her poems?
Manic Pixie Dream Girl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJjJfE_QNMY

Ode to the Women on Long Island - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqpip0H1QTE

Who is Olivia Gatwood?

Olivia Gatwood has received national recognition for her poetry, writing workshops, and work as a Title IX Compliant educator in sexual assault prevention and recovery. As a finalist at Brave New Voices, Women of the World and the National Poetry Slam, Olivia's performances have been featured on HBO, Huffington Post, MTV, VH1, and BBC among others.

Olivia is a full-time touring artist, whose performances are poignant and engaging, and has performed internationally at over two-hundred schools and universities. Online, her videos, including Manic Pixie Dream Girl and Ode to My Bitch Face have gained over 3 million views collectively.

Check out her website: https://www.oliviagatwood.com/ for more info

What is the workshop about?

"In this generative writing workshop, students will indulge in the act of reclaiming their own stories in the form of the Ode. We will look at the work of Sharon Olds, Ross Gay and Franny Choi to discuss the ways in which we can combat our shame by praising that which we have been raised to put down. " - https://www.oliviagatwood.com/workshops