CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 23:34:21 +0000
Please join us for the 2015 Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Faith Celebration
Sunday, January 18th, at 3pm in Rollins Chapel.

Our speaker is Rev. Starsky Wilson, Co-Chair of the Ferguson Commission.
His sermon is entitled, "Selma to Ferguson: Why We Can't Wait."

The service will also include musical offerings from Dartmouth's Gospel Choir, the World Music Percussion Ensemble, and members of the Barbary Coast.

NOTE: Because of this special event, there will be no 5pm Chapel on Sunday.  Nathanael Friday '16 will be our preacher on Jan. 25th.   Join us!

Background: With other clergy and community members, Rev. Wilson has been at the forefront of the effort to coordinate local and national protests in response to the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson.

Organized by the William Jewett Tucker Foundation and co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost, the Dean of the College, Rockefeller Center, DCAL, LALACS, Dartmouth College Hillel, the Crawford Fund of the Ethics Institute, and the Office of Institutional Diversity & Equity.

For more information, please visit
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~tucker/about/tucker_events/mlk.html