CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2014 20:26:50 +0000

Are You Interested in Pre-Health?
Want to meet like minds and help foster a Pre-Health Community??

Apply To Be A Member Of MAPS!

Minority Association of Pre-Health Students

The purpose of MAPS is to provide under-represented pre-health students with knowledge, skills and experiences that are both prerequisite to and concomitant to professional participation in health care fields with an emphasis on medicine. A secondary goal of MAPS is to encourage culturally conscious physicians by increasing awareness of issues that underrepresented communities face.

Why Become a Member of MAPS?

1) Geisel Medical School Student Mentorship Program
2) Free or subsidized trips to Pre-Health conferences all over the U.S*
3) Pre-Health related volunteering with Geisel Medical Students
4) Must be a member for two terms to apply for an Executive position

How Can I Become a Member of MAPS?

1) Complete an application here: http://goo.gl/forms/9Erxj4lO07
2) Attend at least 2 events per term to maintain membership status

?*APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCT 15 2014*

Harvard SNMA Conference - OCT 25th 2014
 *We are currently accepting applications to attend this conference FREE of cost.*
*You must be a MEMBER to apply. See application above.*
*We realize that some students have already paid their registration fee to attend. You MAY submit this application and get a refund for this registration fee if accepted.*

The Harvard Medical School Chapter of the Student National Medical Association (Harvard SNMA<http://snma.hms.harvard.edu>) invites all healthcare professionals, medical students, undergraduates, and high school students to join us as we explore the ways in which we can creatively interweave our varied and valuable interests into our medical careers. Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss a myriad of fascinating topics with each other and with an array of engaging speakers. This conference is also an opportunity for attendees to network with students and professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Come join us as we chart new paths to medicine...and beyond!
Schedule of events: http://snmaregion7conference.hms.harvard.edu/schedule

Attendees will leave campus the morning of Saturday, October 25th to attend the conference between 9am and 6pm. Hotel accommodations will be provided in Boston and students will drive back to campus on Sunday morning.
 Here's the application: http://goo.gl/forms/Iv31IwWrAV

 ?*APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCT 15 2014*