CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Dartmouth PRIDE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dartmouth PRIDE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2016 19:17:28 +0000

[cid:8DFBC7AF-1F5C-44AB-83F1-97ACCDCC75B3]

TRANSFORM is here! I'm sending you this note as the director for Transform, the annual fashion show put on during Dartmouth's Pride celebration that promotes free self-expression, and how uniquely awesome our community is, to ask you to be a part of this year's production. We need MODELS, AUDIENCE MEMBERS and most importantly VOLUNTEERS! You can express yourself on stage with awesome vintage clothing (that we rent just for y'all), and have an awesome time walking the runway. Or you can help make it the glorious extravaganza it is meant to be by greeting people at the door, helping out with models' outfits and setting up! There will be music and dancing and badass-ery all night long, so even if you can't be a part of the production, come see all of your amazing friends strut their stuff!

The participatory show TRANSform is one of the most popular PRIDE Week events. People from different communities on campus come together for a gender-bending fashion extravaganza. LGBTQIA+ individuals aim to engage all the participants as well as the audience in an active disruption of the culture of gender policing, cissexism, and heterosexism on campus.

The show is on Tuesday, May 3th, 2016 from 8 to 11pm with a brief rehearsal period the week prior (exact date is TBD) to not only get to know each other but also work out all of the technical bits before show. I really hope you can be part of the show! If you're interested please email me back and I will send you more information! It's not a major time commitment and I would love to work with all of your beautiful faces!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Danica

Danica Rodriguez
Candidate for B.A in Film and Media Studies
Dartmouth College Class of 2018