CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 17:10:15 +0000
AIRES // SENIOR SHOW // 10:30PM // SIGMA DELT // 10:30 PM // SENIOR SHOW // AIRES

AIRES
SENIOR SHOW
SIGMA DELT
10:30 PM

FEATURING:

WILL "PRIMO" LOWRY
DANNY "ELMO" FREEMAN
CLARK "GELO" MOORE
ROBBIE "OTTO" HOFFMAN (he requested not to have a color)

Ok, I'm gonna level with you now.  This is it.  This is the last Aires show that will feature the 13s that you will likely ever see short of guiltily watching reruns of the sing-off and catching glimpses of Clark's high kick on your way to watch P3NT@T0NIX .  (wait, was will even on the sing off?  I know either robbie, henry, will or nate was on it...is xavier a 13? he's a pretty good singer.)  Here are a list of things that you will forever be without if you don't come see this last hurrah of these four very dysfunctional people (who knew dysfunctional was spelled with a "y" and not an "i" ? (also who knew that "spelt" was not a word? (probably most of you knew all of this (Psh, phi beta kappa, more like betas, phi delts and kappas have no excuse not to come because kappa formal was cancelled for tonight, some betas know romen, and frat cunha and sweet guy velaise are the champions of phidelt (I heard kappa formal wasn't fun but then there was a rager at pine and canoe club so it's ok! (update on kappa formal- zero aires were in attendance (update #2 on kappa formal, fewer kappas were in attendance (anyone just wanna peek into sphinx with us after the show?  (actually 8 school is throwing a party before the senior show so maybe you should just go there first! (what in hell was the subject of this blitz again? (dont you all just love how tall our freshmen are? (JOKES LOLZ))))))))))))))))))))

Now I know you might be thinking, wow, Preston and Nate just wrote a pretty crazy blitz.

And you would be correct.  Direct any complaints to those two adorable 14s after reading this blitz because the 13s are kings of SWUGs, YOLO, YOSYO, YOSSO, COSO, SPCSA, TAAL, AXA, and of the course the Tabard and #RealTalk, so we don't really care too much...tis the life.

But we don't want this to be a blitz of just decadence and tomfoolery or fun, so we are going to take a page out of gardner's book (http://thedartmouth.com/2013/05/24/mirror/davis - it really is a very good article) and baz luhrmann's book (no not f scott fitzgeralds book- though the soundtrack is AMAZING) and distill some of the actual practical words of wisdom and advice down here.  This is real, and the Aires Endorse this list.*****

AIRES
SENIOR SHOW
SIGMA DELT
10:30 PM

FEATURING:

WILL "PRIMO" LOWRY
DANNY "ELMO" FREEMAN
CLARK "GELO" MOORE
ROBBIE "OTTO" HOFFMAN (he requested not to have a color)

AIRES // SENIOR SHOW // 10:30PM // SIGMA DELT // 10:30 PM // SENIOR SHOW // AIRES

A) Don't just be someone who always says yes to things, but surround yourself with people who say yes to things- You'll be happier, trust me.
B) Hike the 50
C) Leave your door unlocked and open- that will open up opportunities to meeting new people- if you don't want that or people to come in at any given time, then lock your door.  The default should be open though.
D) Never stop asking people how they are doing if you see they're not happy- they might say no 9 times but if they say yes on the 10th time and open up-it'll be worth it
E) Don't make bucket lists- they lead to regrets.
F) Work at McDonald's
G)  Compliment people when they get a haircut.
H) Write thank you notes.
I)  Steal photos from Facebook- you want to keep those forever
J) Over Commit
K) People who Drink matter
L) People who don't drink matter
M) People who lie about how much they drink don't matter
N) Porn is not a good thing.  Period.
O) Don't fear silence- a test of how comfortable you are in a relationship can be if you are comfortable sitting in silence with someone
P) WASH YOUR FACE after every meal, you won't break out and you'll feel better and not oil-y
Q) Exercise
R) Hit rock bottom, learn from it, and know it can only get better from there.
S) Look fear and death in the eye, cry and then learn how to control it.
T)  Vulnerability is only a weakness if people take advantage of it.
U) Exercise
V)  Remember that you'll never stop loving those who you care about the most no matter what.  Embrace that.
W)  Deserve to be here
X)  Sing during the fourth of July- it's easily the best holiday.
Y) Go see Cabaret- it's incredible.
Z) Come see our senior show tonight

Epilogue: Forget that these are the best four years of our lives.  Let's make our lives so good and happy that these are NOT the best four years of our lives.

Love,
elmo, primo, gelo, otto

AIRES // SENIOR SHOW // 10:30PM // SIGMA DELT // 10:30 PM // SENIOR SHOW // AIRES