CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Winter Carnival <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Winter Carnival <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2017 18:23:44 +0000
Dear students,

As we approach Winter Carnival, the Carnival Council faces a variety of challenges inhibiting the construction of a snow sculpture on the Green. These include increasingly warm winters with limited snowfall, many years of declining involvement from the student body at large, and an absence of student leadership for the construction of a sculpture this year. While this was a difficult decision, we are excited to focus our efforts and funding on the planning of Carnival events that foster broad participation from the student body such as the Polar Bear Swim, Human Dog Sled Races, and Ice Sculpture Contest. We also look forward to presenting other events that celebrate this year's theme - Dartmouth College of Icecraft & Blizzardry: A Magical Winter Carnival.

If students have questions or concerns about this decision, or wish to discuss it further, they are encouraged to contact [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] Keep an eye out next week for an announcement of the winning poster & t-shirt designs - we think you're going to love them!

Sincerely,
Winter Carnival Council