CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Nell R. Pierce" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nell R. Pierce
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:59:02 +0000
*LAST DAY TO RSVP*

Everyone has a powerful story –

many don't have the opportunity to share.

*TELLING MY STORY* is a Dartmouth-affiliated arts organization that works with marginalized communities in prisons and rehabilitation centers around the world to empower people to express their stories through African dance & drumming, theater, creative writing, and visual arts.

Come listen to 7 panelists share their experiences over dinner!

Who? 3 former female inmates, 1 prison administrator, 1 Dartmouth Professor, 1 Dartmouth alum, 1 Dartmouth student – all who have partaken in TMS.

What? Dinner/Panel/Discussion - delicious Taste of Africa (FREE), brief introduction to TMS, panelists share their experiences (5-7 minutes each), post-panel discussion.

When? Monday, Oct. 24th, 6pm

Where? Brace Commons (East Wheelock Cluster)

Why? To spread awareness about Telling My Story, the prison system, and the power of the arts. We will have a table with sign-ups to attend upcoming "Telling My Story" performances (performed by Dartmouth students and male inmates in a Vermont prison facility) as well as a DASH sheet for donations to future TMS projects.

*RSVP to [log in to unmask]*