CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tucker Center <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tucker Center <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2015 17:06:33 +0000

The Syrian Refugee Crisis: What’s Happening and What We Can Do

A conversation with Linda Hartke, Advisor for the State Department and CEO of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services

Where: The Tucker Center, first floor S. Fairbanks Hall
When: Friday, September 25th from 12:30-1:30

Simple lunch of soup, bread and drinks provided.

[cid:1f9f282c-4579-4c40-949f-3edb72a18bad]

We all struggle with the challenge of response to the growing global refugee crisis. Linda Hartke, who in January returned from the largest Syrian refugee camp in Jordan, will help sort the questions and opportunities before us. “The world is facing its greatest refugee crisis almost ever, and the U.S. response has not been generous and has not been leading the way as we always have as a nation,” she said recently, citing not a lack of empathy but a lack of political will. “That’s what needs to change.” When we can’t respond as we know we should, a little something in us dies. Come for this important conversation over with Linda Hartke on Friday.

<https://ch1prd0310.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=xLh-vEekQkuRLfKV9M-ZTmlKAA0H_s8Ilc3PKotWs299mfDobdqFmKSxtyMWT-UekayOsKLXW1I.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.facebook.com%2ftuckerfoundation>