CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
The Big Green Bus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Big Green Bus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:01:41 -0400
*What's this Big Green Bus thing, you ask?*

We're 12 Dartmouth students who travel across the country each summer on an
ex-Greyhound bus powered by waste vegetable oil and biodiesel. We meet with
local organizations, schools, businesses, and randos along the way to
engage in dialogue about what it means to live well with the world, or as
the hip folk say nowadays, live "sustainably."

This summer, the Bus adopted a "community action" focus and planned more
hands-on events, such as urban farm workdays and potlucks, to connect
individuals with community organizations in hopes that people would be
inspired and motivated to get involved with sustainability happenings where
they live.

What would you like the Bus to focus on NEXT summer?

We want YOU to be a part of the 2013 crew. Get ready for the summer of a
lifetime: 11,000 miles, 24 states, 5 national parks, 12 Dartmouth students,
2,000 gallons of waste vegetable oil, infinite memories.

Complete the attached application and return to [log in to unmask] by
next *Sunday, September 30, midnight.*

**

****************

*HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND OUR NEXT INFO SESSION:*

Wednesday, 6 to 7 pm, Rocky 001

Come ask us questions, see an awesome movie from our summer, and get
pschyed!

*For more information check out
**thebiggreenbus.org*<http://thebiggreenbus.org/>
.

Love,

The Big Green Bus Crew 2012

Maya Viavant, Kelly McGlinchey, Mike Swartz, Kate Desrochers, Remy
Franklin, Anna Morenz, Sam "Sparker" Parker, Ari "Prince Hirsh D." Koeppel,
Lorenzo Carlisle, Nick Pavlis, Matt Smith, Sarah Bourne