CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:03:54 +0000
Welcome to Fall Term!

It's a Monday, so it's time for Hillel meetings!

Executive Board Meetings: 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm

Free Dinner: 6:30 pm

General Meetings and Discussion: 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm

Located at the Roth Center (white building behind the Choates)

All are welcome! We can't wait to see you!

-Hillel

  *   What are Hillel meetings? Hillel's executive board meetings are open, and all are welcome to join! Afterwards, we order food from town and have general meetings, centered around a discussion topic.
  *   Do I have to come to both exec meetings and general meetings? At Hillel, you can come to whatever you want! No requirements for anything, and there is always plenty of free food for all.
  *   I'm interested in getting involved-how should I start? Come to meetings tonight, where we'll discuss our plans for the term and welcome the '20s to Hillel.
  *   I want to get involved, but I have a conflict during meetings. What should I do? That's ok-just blitz us back at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or any of the execs, and we'll be sure to keep you looped in!
  *   I'm (Reform/Conservative/Orthodox/not Jewish)-is there a place for me at Hillel? Absolutely-Hillel is non-denominational and open to all! Dinner tonight will be strictly vegetarian, with gluten-free and vegan options. We want you to feel welcomed no matter your background.
Dartmouth College Hillel is our campus chapter of Hillel International: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life.
Our Executive Board:
Sam Libby, Naomi Lazar, Ariel Klein, Alli Wishner, Josh Pearl
Our Weekly Schedule:
Monday: Open meetings at 5:30 pm, followed by dinner and conversation at 6:30 pm*
Wednesday: Jews and Java--free coffee from 3:30-5 pm at the Dartmouth Bookstore
Thursday:  Jew Croo for '20s at 6 pm*
Friday: Torah Study with Rabbi Boraz at 5pm, Shabbat services at 6 pm, followed by dinner at 7 pm*

*Located in the Roth Center for Jewish Life (white building behind the Choates)